Friday, April 10, 2009

MINI??

So Cinda and I spent 5 hours in the MINI dealer and I think I bought a MINI. It's not the MINI I would have thought I would buy. In the last two weeks, I've been thinking Clubman then Convertible then Clubman then Convertible. Either the practical choice, Clubman, with it's slightly more cargo room, usable back seat, level cargo floor, etc. or the funner Convertible. I also have been playing with all the MINI colors from yellow to green to blue to brown to black. But I always came back to green, classic British Racing Green with tan leather and wood trim. All the other colors were play designs.

So today I decided to get a black MINI Cooper hardtop with a white roof and tan interior. This seems odd to me too.

So Cinda didn't prefer the yellow and the blue and I thought the bright red was too common and too likely to fade, which took out all the $0 colors. Cinda liked the green and so did I. But I also liked my black and white MINI and looking at all the MINIs on the lot, I decided that the silver trim looked better on the black than the green. I even added some chrome. The white roof was far enough away from chrome not to interfere and the white wheels looked sharp. Black is also a lot less common of a color than green, probably because it is not a MINI color i.e. colorful.

I also found out that all the Coopers and the Clubman (not the S's) come with a space saver spare, even when they have run flats. So we got the 16 inch wheels which necessarily are going to come with run-flats. BUT, once the run flats run out, I can switch to a normal tire and I'll have a spare. And there are a lot more options for the 16" rim than the 15" rim. Just look at tirerack.com

Still paying more that I'd like, but when you opt for leather seats, you pay more and I wanted the lumbar support that made me get the leather.

Anyway, that was my night.

http://ur-manadu.mybrute.com

No comments: