Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stupid car ads

Apparently, when it rains ideas for a blog post, it pours.

Over lunch today I heard a Lou Fuze ad on the radio. Lou Fuze is a local car dealership with about a hundred different brands of car. Here is their deal (I can't remember which brand it was for.):

If you buy a car of this brand at another dealership for less than their sale price, they will credit you 110% of the difference towards the purchase of that car from them.

So, who needs two of the same car? They aren't paying me cash for the difference? If I BUY a car, meaning I own it and everything for less that Fuze sells it for, I can go to Fuze and get bonus credit when buying the same car from them. Mind you, the first dealer is unlikely to take a return. So if the price difference is $100, I can buy identical car #2 from Fuze for $110 less (or roughly $10 below what I paid for the first car). Of course, I still have to pay Fuze the rest of the purchase price of the second new car.

What idiot would take that deal?

No comments: