Monday, March 3, 2008

Motorola makes shit for phones

So I heard last week or maybe the week before that Motorola was experienced a sharp drop in the sales of their products. They had some corporate doubletalk statement about it saying they were going to evaluate the market and adjust or some such. I know why.

When I last endured purchasing a cell phone, I needed two things, bluetooth and vibration ability. At the time Cingular only offered that in the Motorola RazrV3 so guess what I got. I was switching out a of a Nokia and figured that one was as good as the other. Was I ever wrong.

Since the day I got it, the Motorola has been a piece of shit. The battery compartment is not well sized and the battery knocks around inside meaning it occasionally just turns itself off. But that is not the really annoying part to me. It also apparently does not have a tight enough slot for the SIM chip because it randomly sends me the message to "Insert SIM." Mind you, I haven't taken the SIM out. So I have to open up the phone, take out the battery, slide the SIM up and down, re-boot the phone and hope it doesn't happen again for a few days. And, just to frost the cake, when it goes into "Insert SIM," the battery goes into hyperactive seek for signal mode and drains like a flushed toilet. So by the time I realize my phone is screwed up and fix it, I have no battery left.

I'm writing this for several reasons. First, I want to warn everyone away from Motorola generally and Razrs specifically. Second, maybe someone from Motorola will read it and it will do some good. Stranger things have happened. Meanwhile, I will sit with glee, wondering if my phone is working, and relish the fact that maybe Motorola is getting some comeuppance for making it in the first place.

Next time though, I'll probably get an iphone.

No comments: