Thursday, February 7, 2008

The next week

If anyone is wondering why the guns have gone silent of late, there are a couple of reasons.

1) I have a two day trial starting Monday.

2) NPR (the source of inspiration for many of my posts) is on a fund raising drive which means for the next two weeks, they will be constantly interrupting decent shows with time-filling pratter by folks asking for money for the station. Since, I realized a while ago that sending them money does not seem to shut them up any faster, I usually stop listening to NPR during drives. That means I am not hearing as much stupid media commentary to react to. Of course, the fund-drivers say plenty of stupid things as they ramble on trying to fill their five minute fund-raising breaks, so maybe once my trial is done, I'll have something to write about. This morning as my alarm was going off, one of them said something quite dumb. I was still half asleep, but I remember thinking that what she was suggestion was unsafe for a driver to be doing. I just don't remember what she said. Oh well. They will say more.

No comments: